Saturday, May 23, 2009

A Graduation & Goat's Milk Soap

Not much to report. Yesterday my niece, Jayden, graduated from pre-k. She was quite adorable in her purple cap & gown. She was absolutely glowing. I am pretty proud of her. She is so very smart. She aced the pre-k screening & the school was worried about placing in her pre-k because she was so much more advanced than the other children. She is easily doing 1st & 2nd grade work. Her teacher was absolutely thrilled to have Jayden in her class. She is so sweet & kind and I'm sure was the most well-behaved child in the school. She worked with Jayden on the side with her reading & math because regular ol' pre-k studies just wasn't cutting it with Jayden. The future is going to be very very bright for my gorgeous little niece. Oh the places she will go. (Hopefully she takes her favorite auntie with her ;)



Today was a very un-eventful day, packed full of laziness. I have had a nagging headache most of the day, so I pretty much just laid on the couch. I did take a very relaxing bath with my new goat's milk soap. I'm not very big on "scented" things, especially lingering scents that never go away, so I have some mixed feelings about the new soap. I purchased two kinds...Ocean & Oatmeal Milk & Honey. Ocean smells nice, but it's a little too strong for me. I am VERY sensitive to most smells and although I like the initial aroma, it doesn't wear off so I was stuck with it all day. Today I decided to try out the OMH. I love love love it. Although it does have a wonderful aroma, it is not at all overpowering (to me) and although it also stays with you all day, it is very subtle. I can't really describe it...to me it is very intoxicating because I was continuously sniffing my arms (lol) today and making other people sniff me (lol). I am slightly worried that I could not completely get rid of my headache because of the enduring scent, but I am also hopeful that it is something that my (mind) & body will adjust to because it is so very invigorating. I really encourage everyone to try it. It looks very pure & rustic in form and it really does leave a wonderul fragrancy smell in the bathroom. (Sebastian thinks it looks like cheese - ???) It does lather very very well, which I was a little surprised about and it makes your skin feel incredibly smooth. I used it today to shave my legs & it is amazingly soft. It is a little bulky & hard to maneuver in your hands, especially in little hands. I may try out more less aromatic scents or some fragrance-free scents, but my 1st choice right now is the OMH. Try some out at Goat's Milk Stuff.com.

0 comments:

Followers

My Reason to Blog...

Sebastian...the absolute love of my life. He is our currently only child. He is almost 3 and is as independent as they come. He loves washing his hands & swinging. He would live outside if he could. He's developing a love of thunderstorms from his Mama & Daddy. He looks adorable in flip flops. He loves talking on the phone. He has gorgeous blue eyes & dashing dimples. His favorite thing to eat is fruit or Starbursts. He sleeps with his blue snowman blanket wankwie. He loves to be tickled or chased. He loves his Mama & Daddy more than anything!
Lilypie

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP