Sunday, May 24, 2009

Countdown to Summer

I'm going to take a cue from my friend, Sarah, and blog about all the reasons that I love summer (because I couldn't think of anything else). Unfortunately, summer does NOT entail leisurely days of sleeping in and extended breaks for me because I think my employer would frown upon coming in around 9 am and not working for weeks at a time :(; but that doesn't mean that I don't love summer. It's a wonderful time of year...aside from the insanely amount mosquitoes & excruciating heat & humidity that we get down in the bootheel. Ughh I do not look forward to that. What I do look forward to is this...

sweet tea & lemonade, picnics in green green grass, unlimited trips to the park, baseball games, waterguns, tag in the backyard, sprinklers, Hawaiian ice, watching my nieces & nephews jumping like monkeys on the trampoline, lots of summer birthday parties, lightning bugs, the Peach Fair, BBQs with friends & family, wading pools, 4th of July, camping, water parks, Sebastian's tan lines (which he already has) & sun streaked hair, the smell of sunscreen & chlorine, bright beach towels, dirty feet from playing outside for endless hours, the backyard filled with toys & laughter

2 comments:

Alicia May 24, 2009 at 8:07 PM  

Same here...I am so glad summer is here! Have a great Memorial Day!

Sarah Kingree May 24, 2009 at 9:13 PM  

Great blog brando

Followers

My Reason to Blog...

Sebastian...the absolute love of my life. He is our currently only child. He is almost 3 and is as independent as they come. He loves washing his hands & swinging. He would live outside if he could. He's developing a love of thunderstorms from his Mama & Daddy. He looks adorable in flip flops. He loves talking on the phone. He has gorgeous blue eyes & dashing dimples. His favorite thing to eat is fruit or Starbursts. He sleeps with his blue snowman blanket wankwie. He loves to be tickled or chased. He loves his Mama & Daddy more than anything!
Lilypie

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP